Friday, October 31, 2008

12/18/07
I just wanted to take a minute and thank-you all for your amazingly kind, sweet and thoughtful words you sent me. I just got them in the mail today and of course I cried like a baby ;) . I can't tell you how much I appreciate your words and prayers and encouragement over the last few weeks with my dad going into the hospital and ultimately going home to God. And Cathy, the poem, it was perfect. I couldn't get past the 2nd paragraph without sobbing. You should post that on here so everyone can see it.

I love my "imaginary" friends so dearly, and am so thankful that I have you to turn to in my time of joy and my time of sadness.

Praying for a beautiful holiday season for all of you.

Love to you all,
Karen

I see the countless Christmas trees
Around the world below,
With tiny lights like heaven's stars
Reflecting in the snow.

The sight is so spectacular
Please wipe away that tear
For I'm spending Christmas
With Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs
That people hold so dear
But earthly music can't compare
With the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you
The joy their voices bring
For it's beyond description
To hear the angels sing.

I know how much you miss me,
Trust God and have no fear
For I'm spending Christmas
With Jesus Christ this year.

I can't tell you of the splendor
Or the peace here in this place.
Can you imagine Christmas
With our Savior, face to face?

May God uplift your spirit
As I tell Him of your love
Then pray for one another
As you lift your eyes above.

So let your hearts be joyful
And let your spirits sing
For I'm spending Christmas in Heaven
And I'm walking with the king!

No comments: