Monday, October 27, 2008

5/21/07:
I just wanted to share with you my birthday weekend. It was so great, and I pretty much ate my way through it!

Friday afternoon I dropped my little man off at my parents. I came home and on my deck in the backyard was new furniture! YAY! I've been wanting new furniture since I moved into the house (it's a parsonage, therefore the deck furniture was provided) The old stuff was terrible plastic with big cushions and everytime you moved it squeaked. The new stuff is great. It looks a little like this, except the frames are white and the backing is cream color : http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=sc_pgp_r_2_1_11069091/601-7451865-8103309?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000IL8GMA
THen we went out for sushi and margaritas and came home and passed out.

The next morning we got on a chartered bus and went to the Sight and Sound Theater near Lancaster, PA for a show called In the Beginning. (www.sight-sound.com) For my Missouri-area friends, there's one in Branson as well! The show was good, but afterwards we went to a smorgasboard restaurant and just ate, until we could eat no more. Unbelievable. (http://www.shady-maple.com/smorg.html)
We got home around 830, Scott finished up his sermon, and again, I passed out!

On Sunday (my actual birthday) I was up before Scott, and came in to check my email and such. He got up a few minutes later and started complaining about his lack of sleep last night (blah blah blah). When he finished his little rant, I asked him is that why you haven't wished me a happy birthday yet? He felt REALLY bad, and so he should! I was a little hurt that he was so self-absorbed, that he didn't even say happy birthday. O well. After we got home from church he gave me another gift which was in the form of an IPOD-next generation!! I was so excited. Then he had to go to a meeting, so I had the WHOLE HOUSE TO MYSELF!! I went outside and sat on my new chaise lounge and finished a book. Then at 4pm, my parents came with Jason (who I began to miss terribly on Sunday afternoon!) and around 5pm, Scott got home and then we all went out to dinner at a decent seafood restaurant.

So, like I said, I ate my way through my b'day weekend, but it was great. Now it's back to reality and I'm off to work today!

If you've made it this far, I commend you! :)

No comments: